Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Yesterday's medical adventrue




So yesterday I went and had a bone scan done on my ankle and knee, which now hurts worse than the ankle. They inject you with some radioactive stuff, scan your soft tissue in the affected areas, then send you away for a few hours to drink copious amounts of liquid. Of course your not near your home so you either get some juice and go back to the building to camp out by their bathroom or you go cop a squat in McDonalds, drink liquids, and hope you make it back in time.

And of course this time, all the scans take at least 10 minuetes apiece, so you either try to fidget and not move, watch the scans as they progress, or go to sleep. I opted for the later two.

Of course when I was done, I swore I was glowing in the dark :-)

No comments: