Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Treasures from a normal childhood - passing the torch

Ok, go ahead and laugh, but yes this is a tutu and yes it is or rather was...well i guess it is still mine. I don't remember from which time I took ballet lessons that this was from, however, it is unbelievable that i was that small. I mean, look, I couldn't fit into that with boobs, now could I?

And here, we have the original Christening outfit for that Catholic rite of passage that you aren't even cognizant for - Baptism.
Even had a bonnet and little evening jacket...all this trimmed in dainty flowers yet!

I am not sure who I would pass these things on to, and I know that I am desperately trying to downsize. But I think for now, these will stay with me and be cherished. A mothers love for her daughter, shown in one of the ways she knows how to.

No comments: