Tuesday, July 15, 2008

How things change in life

Monday I had to go to Gallows Road from my work place in Chantilly. Not having been that way for quite a while, I missed the turn off for Gallows from 50, all the while rubbernecking at the buildings that used to house UUNET. A vet clinic, other offices, all that kind of stuff moved into the disparate spaces around Gallows and route 50. Some great memories floated back to me of those places and spaces, the bad ones faded to a non discript grey.
I flipped around to get back towards Gallows , got off onto the ramp to turn left (now) on Gallows I was stopped at the light (some of you remember that crazy intersection) , looked up and saw some of the buildings that housed the UUNET NOC and many of the offices. But now it carried a name I had no idea of who they were, of people who occupied spaces that were once filled with passion and idealism.

" ahhhh, memories. We will enjoy them "

1 comment:

Vicki said...

Its amazing that one place, one job can fill so many people with such emotion... to think what might have been....