Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ghost of Christmas Past

Sitting in my jeep trying to park it so it didn't get totally underwater since I didn't put the side curtains in the top, leaving the back exposed covered only by the soft top. I had just finished Mickie D's delectible morning meal, killing time while the radioactive stuff i had been injected with seeped into the bones.
I wasn't paying attention , just that i was back on Gallows road, once again in old UUNET country. I turned around to see what was behind me and saw the remnants of yet another ghost of Christmas Past, the Sir Walter Raleigh Inn - the scene of a few fond lunches while in UUNET.

It was sad to see it like that, with the parking lot overgrown and the building abandoned. I guess it is an omen of trying to hold on to the past too tight, only to find that it has changed and moved forward. Which in and of itself is not a bad thing, for "dear Elsa, we'll always have Paris."


No comments: