Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tales from Melbourne- the shuttle, the sonic boom and inside in meetings!

I have no pix to post yet or cartoons, but....

Several months ago , I was down here in Melbourne, Florida [down the coast only a bit from Cape Canaveral, Coco Beach, etc] , and had just gotten in my hotel room, turned on the news and saw that they were doing a launch, was a spy satellite I believe. Well, thinking it was over the way the news reported it, i never ventured back out, only to find out the next day I could have gone out down to the beach and seen the launch....argggg....

Well, flash forward to today. The shuttle was landing around 9 AM ish, and the folks at Harris, where i was inside in meetings said you can hear the sonic boom when it is coming in to land. Well imagine the frustration of having to sit in a meeting, with a hotel room on the beach, and not only missing the landing, but I missed the sonic boom also. Sigh....

well, let me go out to the balcony and see how much of the eclipse I can see through the clouds. Maybe I will get luck and get a picture...

No comments: