Wednesday, October 01, 2008

What I have been up to,

Another one of my 'recycled, repurposed' pieces of art, pressed wood that was part of a packing crate. Art instead of trash...:-)



Abstract that is currently a work in progress.....but you can see the wood texture around the sun, you know, the unpainted part.

I had my first experiance with drawing from life and models last nite. I am going to Open Life Drawing at Lorton's new Workhouse Arts , the old prision. We had 10 1 min poses, which I found out later that was supposed to be a warm up. After the first pose, and the monitor said switch, and the model struck a new pose, I was like "WAIT! I'm not done yet!" Arggggggggg.. but they actually didn't come out that bad, and served the pupose. Then we did a few 5 min poses, then 20 mins and the last was 1 hr or so. The last one, the longer one, wasn't all that bad. The ones in the middle, with the exception of maybe one scketch, almost had me going back to stick figures!
However, I do think I am up for the challenge, althought I do know that I absolutely can not [ate least not yet] do foreshortening. That and hands, and feet and faces and.......:-( Sharpening up the pencils and ready to go at it again !

No comments: