Thursday, March 20, 2008

"I need to feel your touch again"

About a month ago, while driving to work, I saw some 'kids', walking down the street, must have been in high school or so. And the boy and girl were holding hands. It kinda struck me that you don't really see that any more, from the teens and twenties to even anyone these days. We are either going to fast and don't stop to touch, or the youth are way past the holding hands stage. It seems a shame, and it brought back memories about being in grade school and high school and having "crushes" and "liking" someone, and if things worked your way, and you got to "hold hands', esp in public....well, that was the biggest deal.

Intimacy is just more than sex, to me anyway....it is holding a hand and feeling love in that grasp, snuggling, a hug you don't pull away from, warmth from a smile or a simple touch.
the unspoken bonds between two souls....I think that is quickly getting lost these days of late.

1 comment:

Vicki said...

I will hold your hand any time any where!! lol