Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The best laid plans.......But Happy 90th Mom!




I was in Florida last week on business, and this past Thursday was my Mom's 90th Birthday. I had planed on flying back from Orlando friday night, [which i did ] and then on SAturday morning flying to NY and driving out to Long Island to surprise her.

Well it wasn't for lack of trying and spending my whole saturday at Dulles Airport. The weather in NY and here did not cooperate. Either I was waiting for my plane, having my plane canx, re- booking into LGA vice JFK, having a seat and booking a standby on yet another plane, getting on the plane I was standby for, having the Dulles weather along with NY go crap, sitting on the tarmac for 2 1/2 hours in the plane andt hen having that plane canx.

AFter arriving at 1030 AM, it was now about 6:30PM when the plane pulled back to the gate and I deplaned and headed home. Even the parking lot ticket gate wouldn't let me out easily!

but after calling mom and dad, dad being a nervous wreck since a lot of the roads up there were under water, and they were calmed knowing i was safe and not in some vomit comet trying to land in NY, I wished her a happy birthday. She knew what it took and loved the fact I tried.

No comments: