Wednesday, April 18, 2007

From Colorado Springs - prayers to the Hokies

Tues when I was holed up here in my room, I had the TV on non stop, - Fox, CNN, etc, just engrossed with the coverage of the tragedy at VT. When I walked out to go to my car for the afternoon meeting, I was taken aback and had to pause. The Sesidence Inn , Marriott, which had an American Flag flying over the bldg that housed the check inn desk , gym, and breakfast area. Now , this large flag, was flying at Half Mast. It was a gesture that felt far more than compliance, but of sympathy and solidarity.

On Monday, as my colleague and myself were searching for a resteraunt, we stopped for directions. The helpful folks asked Don where he was from, and after replying VA, they all expressed sympathy and prayers for those at VT.

Mostly all the flags here in the Springs are at half mast.

Just to let the Hokies know that way out here in Colorado, you are in their thoughts.

No comments: