Sunday, August 10, 2008

A Dream of a small child

Back when i was growing up , it was the hey day of the space race. I sincerely wanted to be an astronaut, and collected everything I could get my hands on. I wrote to NASA, got little brochures and stuff, and treasured them. My parents took me on the pilgramage to Cape Kennedy [who knew that all those years later, I would be traveling down there for work - Melbourne FL where I go to Harris Corp, is only 20 min from the cape and on what is now called the Space Coast - Coco Beach and such.]

During the summer of my junior and senior year in high school, thanks to model rocketry clubs and the people I met through it as well as the National Science Foundation, I even got to work at Goddard Space Flgiht Center.





Mom saved and cherished all the trinkets, photos and 'what not' from those times, even after I switched gears and pursued different professional paths. And last trip home, along with the tutu i showed earlier on my blog, she bestowed some of the remenants of a childs dream from long ago.

No comments: