Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Silly art and serious thoughts

Snowman in the Hood is a little rough, but I couldn't help myself...I was thinking instead of all these cutsy country snowmen, how 'bout selling Gangsta snowman, snowman from the hood, etc. Not pretty but surely a wonderful conversation piece...



But the serious thoughts I had or rather a philosophy revelation came to me while i was listening to someone at the crafts fair talking to one of the artists about God and art and creating stuff [ i can't remember the conversation but it was loud enough for me to hear it a table away]. and as i couldn't help but listen, the revelation was that Christians seem to want to talk to everyone about their prayer and what they feel about God, while the Asian religions are more introspective and silent, as in their meditation practices. Quite a subjective but somewhat academic comparison on my part.

No comments: