Thursday, May 10, 2007

A creative streak happened!




So over the last few days it occurred to me I have all thesewonderful things around waiting for ideas to make them come alive. After many late nites, and the fact I had to stay home for the last two days with the painters, I created! The words signs i bought on sale at Michael's and they may or may not end up on a plaque, wood or ?... what is not that clear in the pix is that I experimented with spray paint [a graffitti artiste at heart] and got neat two tone fading on them....

BTW - if you see something you might want, let me know..everything is for sale !!!!



Repurposing is a cute way to say re-cycle, but that is what I am doing with all sorts of stuff...more creativity going on. Below is a top to a champagne box , the bubbly long since gone but I couldn't part with the box. Up till now it was just sitting in the basement, but an idea in a magazine got me to thinking. I sanded it down, rubbed some tung oil on it and sort of made a frame out of molding i found lying around. the frame didn't come out too well, since me and the mitre saw didn't quite hit it off....


,

And lastly, one of my latest works in in progress - a $10 flea market bench, made in NC and which I was told was an antique...yeah right. But I wanted something to go in one of the bedrooms at the lake . So i stripped the paint off it, sanded the hell out of it, and now kinda thinking I want to go for that distressed look. A pillow for a seat and some stain or varnish and it will be good to go.

No comments: