Wednesday, December 03, 2008

wonder no more where my art comes from...

i've framed and kept two piece of art my dad did and i took a long time ago, each of a horse - a head and a Pegasus. And i knew that back in the day, when they used to have silhouettes in the paper for folks to try and draw, you know the "do you have talent and want to go to art school " (showng my age, huh?) I drew few myself, but knew my parents had also. And i knew that I had seen these before, however this time home, Mom gave the stack to me. A present of the past to treasure and attempt to preseve.

Mom's Art
Dad's art and the certificate from a mail in art school. This is just one of the drawings he did.
I got the whole stack of drawings they both did, and it was quite interesting. A temptress, a dog, flowers, birds, shillotettes, old girl friends, cartoons...a lot, and yet not enough. I have many many sketch books filled with stuff from back when i was a child to the postings here on this blog. But none are so precious as the aged drawings in pencil and charcol that Mom and Dad had done. A look back into their lives, before me and yet, so very relavent.

and I wonder no more where the art drive and talent, yes talent, came from.

3 comments:

Vicki said...

I remember the art school ads...

kok said...

i think i do too...it was cool that something so special mom finally gave to me and i have preserved them

Anonymous said...

what a gift from your parents. and talent from both gene pools.
I"m so glad you are making the trips up there. bring them some of your sketchbooks.....but maybe not the nudes!
K