Monday, April 28, 2008

Hawaii, 2 years later

It occured to me on the flight over here that the last time, 2 years ago, I was here for this meeting i am attending, i had just started blogging. My how time flies!!!

Once again I meet up with my pal, Mary and her friends. AFter meeting up Saturday nite and catching up, we left to meet up on Sunday. A motor cyle ride with friends of Mary's and her good friend Margret, who so graciousl loaned me her new bike, so i could ride with Margret
s bikker pack.



Margret's new 883 Harley Sportster that I got to ride around the island today. The company was good, the traffic not bad and the weather was fabulous!
This is a place we stopped called China Walls. people were boogie board surfing catching waves close the wall here and riding the waves from left to right.

Another shot, with Diamond Head in the far distance.
After stopping and looking, we mounted up and headed to the new Kona Beer Brewary for some beer samplers and a bite to eat. Mary met us there, as she didn't do the ride since she doesn't ride. I got to indulge in some fish, which i only get to do when i am on the road. A delightful Marlin sandwhich and some very tasty Hawaiian potato chips, we mounted up and headed back to Mary's place, where i returned the bike, and stayed for dinner of steak, delish Korean BBQ'd short ribs, some corn and rice.

with a new sun tan/burn on my arms, i headed back to the hotel, where sitting on the lanai and feeling the gentle breeze was a peaceful ending to a great day.

No comments: