Friday, December 28, 2007

Fading Treasures

Everytime i go to my parents house and my childhood home, i stay in the old bedroom of my folks. And on the dresser, there is a twin set of pix - one of my mother's mother and one of my father's mother. My Russian granma and my Italian Nanny. The photos keep deteriorating so i took them this time, with the promise to return them , and will hone my photoshop skills trying to digitally capture them to preserve them. They are what my mom says are the last photos taken of them alive.
Granma and me in Rego Park NY
My nanny when we were at my Aunt's house.

One I barely remember and the other I remember well. but what i do remember remains in my heart forever.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

I have "gained" a few of those older photos myself. That I am slowly trying to scan to preserve. I have yet to try and do any restoration to them. Let me know how it goes. I have one that needs alot of TLC.

Anonymous said...

glad you are remembering, and saving. I'm really happy that the christmas visit turned out well...I know it meant a lot to your parents, for sure!